.In the desire to keep our kennel free of fleas and ticks, if your dog arrives with fleas or ticks,
we will give it a flea treatment at a nominal charge. On our forms, we ask when the last flea medication was
given in an effort to keep fleas & ticks under control.
Pigs Ear - $2.50
Bully Sticks - $4.50
Ice Cream (Summer) - $3.50
We have all the supplies you need for your dog in our store. We have toys, treats, collars, leashes, beds, etc. Our prices are very competitive and if you make a purchase during your pet's stay, you get a 20% discount on most purchases. Come by and see what we have.
We gladly accept cash, checks and VISA, Mastercard and Discover. We charge a small fee of 3% for using credit cards, so please bring a check or cash. I would much rather have cash or checks as credit cards cost you and me.
Regular Rate - $ 35.00 per day / per dog
10% discount for second dog in same kennel
Discount does no apply during Holidays & peak times.
Holiday/Peak Rate - $ 40.00 per day / per dog.
Check-in and check-out times are during normal business hours. If you need to check-in or check-out any other times, it must be prearranged and there will be an additional charge of $20.00 for early drop off and/or late pickup.
Our kennel is like a hotel-you pay for the day you check in regardless of the time but the day you check out, if you check out before 11:00 am, you don't pay for that day. This discount is not available during peak times and holidays. Peak time includes Spring Break and Summer Break from Memorial Day to Labor Day. No deposit is required for non-holiday reservations. Holiday reservations require a 2 night deposit at the time you make the reservation. The balance of the reservation will be charged upon arrival, after which all nights of the stay are non-refundable. You will be charged for all nights reserved.
There is a small additional charge of $5.00 per day for intact dogs, geriatric dogs, extra large dogs, puppies under 1 year of age and dogs that require additional care. Some dogs require extra care. Puppies need extra outings to continue potty training and extra feedings. Senior citizen dogs may need extra outings for incontinence or just for stretching their legs. They also may need help getting in and out, extra extra cuddling (as all dogs get extra cuddling), walking with them in case of blindness or hearing loss, extra medication, etc.
At Shadow's Retreat, our guests enjoy at affordable prices a beautiful country setting, individual attention as we only hold 20 dogs. Included in our daily rate; dogs are individually let out into a fenced in area 4 or 5 times per day, 1 playtime per day with a person, cold fresh water at all times, morning and evening feedings, treats after each outing, music at all times, Television at all times, night light if needed and all the Tender Loving Care they can handle. We provide the highest quality care for you pet companion in our safe and clean home environment. Our experienced and highly trained staff acknowledges and accept the serious responsibility in the care of you pet, who is, after all, a valued member of your family. Gene and Carla have over 15 years experience loving, handling and comforting dogs.
If you have more than one dog, we offer a 10% discount for a second dog in the same kennel. No discounts are given during peak times and holidays.
What to bring:
1) If this is your first visit, please make sure we have a current copy of your dog's vaccination record and any information from your vet, if your dog has special needs or restrictions.
2) Vaccinations that are required are Rabies, Distemper (DHLPP) and Bordetella (kennel cough). We also accept Titer Certificates from your vet.
3) Bring your dog's food individually packaged per meal or per day and labeled (canned food included) with your dog's name. We have a refrigerator, just let us know at check in if food or medications need refrigeration.
4) You may bring toys if your dog wants to have a special one or we have plenty of toys and balls to play with. If you bring a toy from home. please make sure it has a name on it so we can try to return it. You can also buy new toys in our store.
5) Customers may bring bedding but please do not bring a favorite bed, accidents do happen. You can bring a towel or blanket for your dog to lay on. We can supply bedding upon customer's request.
6) Do not bring your bowls, we only use stainless steel (they are easily sanitized).
7) Do not leave training, pinch, choke or shock collars on your dog. AND take your leach. We do not use leashes at Shadow's Retreat.
All medication must be marked with dog's first & last name, how it is given, how often it is given, with or without food, or in peanut butter or cheese or pill pockets. It must have the name of the medication, the dosage and the veterinarian's name. Please bring the food or pill pockets to put the pills in. Oral medication that is just added to their food is given at no charge. If there are multiple medications or medications that require to be put in pill pockets, etc., there is a nominal charge of $2.00 per time administered. Injections such as diabetes medication are an additional fee.
If Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccination is needed (must have been given within the past 6 months) it can be administered upon check in at a cost of $30.00. This is mandatory and is for the benefit of your dog as well as others. A certificate and receipt will be given to take to your vet.
If Distemper vaccination is needed it can be administered upon check in at a cost of $30.00.
If administered while boarding, a receipt and certificate will be given. This should be kept and taken to your veterinarian at your next visit.
Toys, Toys, Toys and more Toys!!! We also have beds, collars & leashes.